Política de privacidad
Types of Information We Collect
- In the process of conducting our operations, we may collect a range of personal information from current and prospective members, service providers and other individuals where it is necessary in order to operate our business. This information can include such things as a person’s name, contact details, job title, organisation name, and real-time information about when they visit StartNorth.
How We Collect Information
- StartNorth will only seek personal information where required when individuals sign up for a StartNorth Membership or enter into a Service agreement.
- We may use “Cookies” to keep track of personal preferences and compile aggregate data about Site traffic and interaction with us so that we can offer you better experiences and tools in the future. “Cookies” are small files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser and enable our site to recognise your browser and remember certain information (such as information about your computer or device, your browser, IP address and other software or hardware you use when interacting with us). You should be able to configure your computer or other web browsing device so that it disables cookies or does not accept them. However, if you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use our products or services that require you to “sign in,” and you may not be able to take full advantage of our service.
- Direct marketing is the promotion of goods and services directly to members through emails, SMS, phone calls and the post. As part of our Service to you, We may send you direct marketing materials to promote events and support programs that relate to your business venture. We will not use your information for the purposes of direct marketing unless you have given us specific prior consent. If it is impractical to gain your consent, we will always provide a simple means for you to request not to receive the material.
Use or Disclosure
- We collect and use personal information in order to: o Provide our members with an operational workspace. o Foster business relations between StartNorth members. o Provide various business support services to our StartNorth members. o Notify members of news and event information. o Customise, measure and improve our services. o Other purposes related to the provision of our services.
- We will not sell or provide your information to a third party for the purposes of direct marketing without your informed consent. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request, we may be unable to provide you with the full range of our services and depending on the information withheld, you may be ineligible to become a StartNorth member.
- Our preference is to use third-party service providers who are based in Australia however we may use overseas service providers to process your personal information if we reasonably believe that the overseas entity is subject to the same or higher security standards to those found in Australia.
- While we take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference or loss, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is secure. If a data breach occurs, and there is a real risk of harm to you as a result of such breach, we will notify you as soon as possible.
- In addition to the measures we take to protect your personal information, it is expected that Members of a StartNorth will keep secret and regularly change any access passwords to your account with us and always log out of any secure pages.
- We will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information if we are advised that it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. This extends to third parties that we have provided your personal information to unless it is impracticable or unlawful to do so.
Feedback and Complaints
- If you would like to provide feedback or make a complaint, please speak to a member of our staff team in StartNorth or email us at: [email protected]